Sir David Wilkie
- after 1829
- Line engraving, stipple engraving, and etching on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/16 x 11 3/4 inches (43.4 x 29.8 cm), Plate: 14 3/8 x 10 15/16 inches (36.5 x 27.8 cm), Image: 9 3/16 x 6 5/8 inches (23.4 x 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower left: "Phillips. (very scarce)"; lower center: "Sir David Wilkie."; lower right: "EP. Armytage"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "[...]/6 | 25a"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "P | 1829"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | cloak | collar | costume | cravat | curtain | drapery | embroidery | man | painting (visual work) | pen | portrait | scroll (information artifact)
- Associated People:
- Wilkie, Sir David (1785–1841), painter of genre, historical subjects, and portraits
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Charles Armytage, 1802–1897, British, Sir David Wilkie, after 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.