- Lady Bampfylde
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 25 × 15 1/4 inches (63.5 × 38.7 cm), Plate: 24 3/4 × 14 3/4 inches (62.9 × 37.5 cm), and Image: 23 1/4 × 14 3/4 inches (59.1 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "5"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered lower center: "London Publish'd May 1st 1779 for Watson & Dickinson No.158, New Bond Street."; lettered lower right: "Engraved by Thomas Watson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Hamilton, Emma, Lady Hamilton (bap. 1765, d. 1815), social celebrity and artist's model
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Lady Bampfylde, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.