IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Lady Bampfylde, 1779
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 25 × 15 1/4 inches (63.5 × 38.7 cm), Plate: 24 3/4 × 14 3/4 inches (62.9 × 37.5 cm), Image: 23 1/4 × 14 3/4 inches (59.1 × 37.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "5"
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered lower center: "London Publish'd May 1st 1779 for Watson & Dickinson No.158, New Bond Street."; lettered lower right: "Engraved by Thomas Watson"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Hamilton, Emma, Lady Hamilton (bap. 1765, d. 1815), social celebrity and artist's model
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.