IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by George Richmond, 1809–1896, British, The Shepherd, 1827
- Engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 8 15/16 x 6 9/16 inches (22.7 x 16.6 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 4 7/16 inches (17.5 x 11.3 cm), Image: 6 x 4 7/16 inches (15.3 x 11.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "G. Richmond | The Shepherd"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | cottage | dog (animal) | drapery | figure study | grazing | hills | house | landscape | man | palm trees | river | robe | sheep | shepherd | shepherd's crook | thatch | trees | vine
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Pastoral Landscape - The Legacy of Venice (National Gallery of Art, 1988-11-06 - 1989-01-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake - His Art & Times (Art Gallery of Ontario, 1982-12-03 - 1983-02-06) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake - His Art & Times (Yale Center for British Art, 1982-09-15 - 1982-11-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.