Print made by George Richmond, 1809–1896, British, The Shepherd, 1827
- Engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 8 15/16 x 6 9/16 inches (22.7 x 16.6 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 4 7/16 inches (17.5 x 11.3 cm), and Image: 6 x 4 7/16 inches (15.3 x 11.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right on back: "G. Richmond | The Shepherd"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | cottage | dog (animal) | drapery | figure study | grazing | hills | house | landscape | man | palm trees | river | robe | sheep | shepherd | shepherd's crook | thatch | trees | vine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.