Samuel Foote Esq.
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 13/16 × 13 inches (45.3 × 33 cm), Image: 16 1/4 × 13 inches (41.2 × 33 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lower center: "Samuel Foote Esq,,r | Publish'd June Ye 4.th 1771. accor.g to Act of Parliament by W. W. Ryland in Cornhill. ~ "; lower right under image: "Engrav'd by J. Blackmore."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brocade | cane | coat | drapery | man | portrait | pose | thoughtful | vest
- Associated People:
- Foote, Samuel (bap. 1721, d. 1777), actor and playwright
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Blackmore, active 1740–1780, Samuel Foote Esq, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.