Samuel Foote Esq.
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 17 13/16 x 13 inches (45.3 x 33 cm) and Image: 16 1/4 x 13 inches (41.2 x 33 cm)
Marked in blue, on back, center, "(Circular Stamp) Paul Mellon Collection"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lower center: "Samuel Foote Esq,,r | Publish'd June Ye 4.th 1771. accor.g to Act of Parliament by W. W. Ryland in Cornhill. ~ "; lower right under image: "Engrav'd by J. Blackmore."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brocade | cane | coat | drapery | man | portrait | pose | thoughtful | vest
- Associated People:
- Foote, Samuel (bap. 1721, d. 1777), actor and playwright
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Blackmore, active 1740–1780, Samuel Foote Esq, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.