- Additional Title(s):
Yarmouth Pier, Norfolk, Morning Breeze
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint and drypoint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 x 17 1/8 inches (29.8 x 43.5 cm), Plate: 7 5/8 x 11 1/4 inches (19.4 x 28.6 cm), and Image: 5 1/2 x 8 3/4 inches (14 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed verso in graphite, lower center: "18/6 | 587/sM- | W10"; in graphite lower left: "Lucas | No 7 Fifth state"; in graphite lower right: "Uncatalogued. cf to 1954.3.4"
Lettered upper right: "16"; lower left: "Painted by John Constable RA"; lower center: "YARMOUTH, NORFOLK."; lower right: "Engraved by David Lucas"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Great Yarmouth | Norfolk | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Kathleen Stuart, Treasures of British Art, 1400-2000, The Berger Collection, Denver Art Museum, Denver, Colorado, p. 72, cat. 30, fig. 1, N6764 .S78 2014 (LC) Oversize (YCBA)