- Henry, tenth Earl of Pembroke and seventh Earl of Montgomery
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 18 1/16 x 13 1/16 inches (45.8 x 33.2 cm) and Image: 16 5/8 x 13 1/16 inches (42.3 x 33.2 cm)
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshuya Reynolds Pinx~"; lower center: "Sold by Ryland & Bryer No 27 in Cornhill | Henry Earl of Pembroke & Montgomery, | Lord Lieu,,t & Custos Rotulorum of the County of Wilts Major Gen,,l in the Army, | & Col,,l of the 1,,st or Royal Rigimt of Dragoons | Publish'd According to Act of Parliament Seprr 5 1769"; lower right: "J Dixon Fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | belt | buttons | clouds | coat | cravat | curls | earl | gaze | horses (animals) | keys | man | nobleman | officers (military officers) | portrait | posing | sash | scarf | solemn | sword | tassels | thoughtful
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Pembroke | Pembrokeshire | United Kingdom | Wales
- Associated People:
- Herbert, Henry, 10th Earl of Pembroke and 7th Earl of Montgomery (1734–1794), military/naval
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, Henry, tenth Earl of Pembroke and seventh Earl of Montgomery, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.