Georgiana Lady Viscountess Spencer
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- 14 7/8 × 11 inches (37.8 × 27.9 cm) and 13 1/4 × 10 7/8 inches (33.7 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, verso, upper right: "36"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by Thomas Watson."; lettered, lower center: "Georgiana Lady Viscountess Spencer. | London Publish'd Novr.1st.1772 by S.Hooper No. Ludgate HIll, W.Shropshire,NO. New Bond Street, & T..Watson, No.8 Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Spencer [née Poyntz], (Margaret) Georgiana, Countess Spencer (1737–1814), philanthropist
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Georgiana Lady Viscountess Spencer, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.