Georgiana Lady Viscountess Spencer
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 14 7/8 × 11 inches (37.8 × 27.9 cm) and Image: 13 1/4 × 10 7/8 inches (33.7 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink, verso, upper right: "36"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by Thomas Watson."; lettered, lower center: "Georgiana Lady Viscountess Spencer. | London Publish'd Novr.1st.1772 by S.Hooper No. Ludgate HIll, W.Shropshire,NO. New Bond Street, & T..Watson, No.8 Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Spencer [née Poyntz], (Margaret) Georgiana, Countess Spencer (1737–1814), philanthropist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Georgiana Lady Viscountess Spencer, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.