- Additional Title(s):
Mound of the City of Old Sarum, Thunder Clouds
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 x 17 1/4 inches (30.5 x 43.8 cm), Plate: 7 1/4 x 10 inches (18.4 x 25.4 cm), Image: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches (14 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "54.3.12"; in graphite, lower right: "131 x 104"; inscribed verso in graphite, lower left: "4A"
Lettered lower left: "Painted by John Constable R.A."; lower center: "OLD SARUM | London. Publifhed by Mr. Constable 35 Charlotte St. Fitzroy Square. 1830."; lower right: "Engraved by David Lucas."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. John Archer Gee for History of Art (History of Prints)
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Old Sarum | Salisbury | United Kingdom | Wiltshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.