- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 13 × 8 15/16 inches (33 × 22.7 cm), Image: 11 3/4 × 8 11/16 inches (29.8 × 22 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Mrs Trapaud with of"; in brown ink, lower left: "Gent Cy Mrs Trapaud"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered, lower left: "J Reynolds Pinx:t~"; lower center: "Sold by Edw, Fischer, at the Golden Head, Fourth Side Leicester Square."; lower right: "Edw: Fischer fecit. 1762.~ | price 1/6."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curls | gaze | lace | pearls | portrait | posing | sash | sleeves | solemn | woman
- Associated People:
- Trapaud, Catherine (1730–1803)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.