- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 13 × 8 15/16 inches (33 × 22.7 cm) and Image: 11 3/4 × 8 11/16 inches (29.8 × 22 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Mrs Trapaud with of"; in brown ink, lower left: "Gent Cy Mrs Trapaud"
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: Paul Mellon Collection
Lettered, lower left: "J Reynolds Pinx:t~"; lower center: "Sold by Edw, Fischer, at the Golden Head, Fourth Side Leicester Square."; lower right: "Edw: Fischer fecit. 1762.~ | price 1/6."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lace | pearls | portrait | sash | sleeves | woman
- Associated People:
- Trapaud, Catherine (1730-1803)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.