- The Right Honorable Charles Townsend, Esquire, Late Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 x 10 7/8 inches (39.5 x 27.7 cm) and Image: 14 5/16 x 10 7/8 inches (36.3 x 27.7 cm)
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
Lettered, lower left: "S,,r Jos,, Reynolds pinx"; lower center: "The Right Hon,,ble Charles Townshend Esq.r late Chancellor of the Exchequer, and One of | HIS MAJESTY'S Most Hob,,ble PRIVY COUNCIL. &c. | Publish'd as the Act directs Dec. the 21, 1770 by the Proprietor W.m Wynn Ryland Engraver to His Majesty in Cornhill"; lower right: "Dixon Fecit~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chancellor | cravat | curls | exchequer | gaze | man | nobleman | oval | portrait | posing | robes | solemn | wig
- Associated People:
- Townshend, Charles (1725–1767), politician
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, The Right Honorable Charles Townsend, Esquire, Late Chancellor of the Exchequer, 1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.