- The Honorable Augustus Hervey, Captain in his Majesty's Navy
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 × 9 15/16 inches (35.5 × 25.3 cm) and Image: 12 3/16 × 9 7/8 inches (31 × 25.1 cm)
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: Paul Mellon Collection
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds pinx.t"; lower center: "Publish'd according to Act of Parliament, & sold by Edw.d Fisher at the Golden head, South side of Leicester Square | The Hon,,ble Augustus Hervey, (coat of arms) Capt,,n in His Majesty's Navy, | Colonel of Marines, and Commander in Chief of | His Majesty's Ships in the Mediterranean, 1763."; lower right: "E. Fisher Sculp.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- admiral | armed forces | buttons | cannon | captain | clouds | colonel | cravat | cuffs | curls | earl | embroidery | flags | gaze | jacket | lace | marine art | military uniform | navy | ocean | plans | portrait | posing | ribbon | Royal Navy | sails | ships | sloops (warships) | solemn | sword
- Associated People:
- Hervey, Augustus John, 3rd Earl of Bristol (1724-1779), Admiral, politician, amateur painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, The Honorable Augustus Hervey, Captain in his Majesty's Navy, 1763
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.