General George Keppel, third Earl of Albemarle
- Additional Title(s):
General George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 1/16 × 9 15/16 inches (35.7 × 25.2 cm), Image: 12 7/16 × 9 13/16 inches (31.6 × 25 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Lo"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds Pinx.t"; lower center: "George Keppel Earl of Albemarle, | Viscount Bury, Baron Ashford, one of his Majesty's most Honourable Privy Council. | Governor of the Islands of JERSEY, L.t Gen.l of his Majesty's forces. | Colonel of the King's own Regiment of Dragoons, & Commander in Chief of the Expedition, against Ye. Havannah. | Printed for E. Bakewell, & H. Parker; Printsellers, opposite Birchin Lane, in Cornhill, & E. Fisher at the Golden Head, Fourth Side of Leicester Square."; lower right: "Edw. Fisher Fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | coat | cravat | gaze | general | lace | medal | portrait | posing | sash | solemn | thoughtful | tricorn
- Associated People:
- Keppel, George, 3rd Earl of Albemarle (1724–1772), military officer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, General George Keppel, third Earl of Albemarle, 1762
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.