General George Keppel, third Earl of Albemarle
- Additional Title(s):
General George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 14 1/16 × 9 15/16 inches (35.7 × 25.2 cm) and Image: 12 7/16 × 9 13/16 inches (31.6 × 25 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Lo"
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: Paul Mellon Collection
Lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds Pinx.t"; lower center: "George Keppel Earl of Albemarle, | Viscount Bury, Baron Ashford, one of his Majesty's most Honourable Privy Council. | Governor of the Islands of JERSEY, L.t Gen.l of his Majesty's forces. | Colonel of the King's own Regiment of Dragoons, & Commander in Chief of the Expedition, against Ye. Havannah. | Printed for E. Bakewell, & H. Parker; Printsellers, opposite Birchin Lane, in Cornhill, & E. Fisher at the Golden Head, Fourth Side of Leicester Square."; lower right: "Edw. Fisher Fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | coat | cravat | general | lace | medal | portrait | sash | tricorn
- Associated People:
- Keppel, George, 3rd Earl of Albemarle (1724-1772), military officer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, General George Keppel, third Earl of Albemarle, 1762
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.