Summer Afternoon, After a Shower
- Additional Title(s):
Summer Afternoon, Sunshine after a Shower
Windmill at Redhill
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 11 1/2 x 17 1/4in. (29.2 x 43.8cm), 7 x 8 5/8 inches (17.8 x 21.9 cm), and 5 5/8 x 7 3/8 inches (14.3 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "54.3.15"; in graphite, lower right: "145 x 104"; inscribed verso in graphite, lower left: "5B"
Lettered lower left: "Painted by John Constable R.A."; lower center: "SUMMER, AFTERNOON - AFTER A SHOWER. | London. Pubd. by Mr. Constable 35 Charlotte St. Fitzroy Square. 1831."; lower right: "Engraved by David Lucas."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. John Archer Gee for History of Art (History of Prints)
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Redhill | Surrey | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Lucas, 1802–1881, British, Summer Afternoon, After a Shower, 1831