Summer Afternoon, After a Shower
- Additional Title(s):
Summer Afternoon, Sunshine after a Shower
Windmill at Redhill
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 x 17 1/4in. (29.2 x 43.8cm), Plate: 7 x 8 5/8 inches (17.8 x 21.9 cm), and Image: 5 5/8 x 7 3/8 inches (14.3 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "54.3.15"; in graphite, lower right: "145 x 104"; inscribed verso in graphite, lower left: "5B"
Lettered lower left: "Painted by John Constable R.A."; lower center: "SUMMER, AFTERNOON - AFTER A SHOWER. | London. Pubd. by Mr. Constable 35 Charlotte St. Fitzroy Square. 1831."; lower right: "Engraved by David Lucas."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. John Archer Gee for History of Art (History of Prints)
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Redhill | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Lucas, 1802–1881, British, Summer Afternoon, After a Shower, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.