America. A Prophecy, Plate 12, "Thus Wept the Angel Voice...."
- Part Of:
- Relief etching printed in blue with pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches (36.8 x 26.7 cm) and Plate: 9 1/4 x 6 3/4 inches (23.5 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink upper right: "10"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- fire | flames | men | nudes | text
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
William Blake, Libros profe´ticos, vol. 1, Atalanta, Vilau¨r, Spain, 2013, p. 217, PR4142 .S35 2013
He´le`ne Pharabod-Ibata, The Challenge of the Sublime, from Burke's Philosophical Enquiry to British Romantic Art, Manchester University Press, Manchester, p. 179, fig. 10, NX650.S92 P43 2018 (LC) (YCBA)
Colin Trodd, The Energy Man: Blake, Nietzscheanism and Cultural Criticism in Britain, 1890-1920, Visual Culture in Britain, 19, Ashgate Publishing, Aldershot, England, p. 292, N6761 V57 (LC) (YCBA)
William Blake : Visionary, The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, p. 125, pl. 83, NJ18.B57 A12 2020 OVERSIZE (YCBA)