IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, America. A Prophecy, Plate 13, "Fiery the Angels Rose....", 1793
America. A Prophecy, Plate 13, "Fiery the Angels Rose...."
- Part Of:
- Color-printed relief etching in blue with pen and black ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches (36.8 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 9 3/8 x 6 3/4 inches (23.8 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink upper right: "11"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | children | clouds | harness | men | moon | nudes | religious and mythological subject | riding | serpent | snake | stars | swan | text
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
William Blake - The Artist (Tate Britain, 2019-09-11 - 2020-02-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Human Form Divine - William Blake from the Paul Mellon Collection (Yale Center for British Art, 1997-04-02 - 1997-07-06) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake, Libros profe´ticos, vol. 1, Atalanta, Vilau¨r, Spain, 2013, p. 220, PR4142 .S35 2013 [ORBIS]
William Blake : Visionary, The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, p. 126, pl. 84, NJ18.B57 A12 2020 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.