The Most Noble Granville Leveson, Earl Gower
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 15 1/4 × 11 1/16 inches (38.7 × 28.1 cm) and 13 11/16 × 10 15/16 inches (34.7 × 27.8 cm)
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: Paul Mellon Collection
Lettered, lower left: "J Reynolds Pinxt"; lower center: "The most Noble Granville Leveson (coat of arms) Gower, Earl Gower; Visc. Trentham, | BARON of STITTENHAM, LORD CHAMBERLAIN of the KING'S HOUSHOLD, LORD LIEUT. and CUST. ROT. | of the Country of Stafford, one of his Majesty's most Hon.ble Priv. Coun. & A Gov. of the Charter House."; lower right: "E Fisher sculps.t 1765"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons | cravat | cuffs | drapery | earl | fur coat | gaze | lace | politician | portrait | posing | purse (bag) | robe | solemn | tapestry | tassels
- Associated People:
- Leveson-Gower, Granville (1721–1803), first marquess of Stafford politician and landowner
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, The Most Noble Granville Leveson, Earl Gower, 1765
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.