- Lady Amabel and Lady Mary, Daughters of Lord Royston and the Marchioness of Grey
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/4 × 14 1/4 inches (50.2 × 36.2 cm) and Image: 17 9/16 × 14 3/16 inches (44.6 × 36 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, center: "Lady Amabella | and | Lady Mary Grey | Daughters of Lord Royston | and the Marchioness of Grey."
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
Lettered, lower left: "Js Reynolds Pinx,,t~"; lower center: "Publish'd accord.g to Act of Parliam.t by Ed. Fisher at Mr,, Deering's, in great Newport Street, Leicester Square"; lower right: "E~Fisher~ Fecit.~~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | choker | daughters | dog (animal) | doves | embroidery | fancy dress | flowers (plants) | fur coat | garden | girls | grass | landscape | pearls | pedestal | playing | portrait | robes | sashes | sphinx | statue | statues | trees | walking | women
- Associated People:
- Hume-Campbell, Amabel, Countess de Grey (1751 - 1833), author/poet
Robinson, Mary Jemima, Lady Grantham (1757 - 1830)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Lady Amabel and Lady Mary, Daughters of Lord Royston and the Marchioness of Grey, 1762
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.