Elizabeth, Countess of Pembroke, and the Rt. Honble. George, Lord Herbert
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 17 15/16 x 13 inches (45.6 x 33 cm) and Image: 16 5/8 x 12 7/8 inches (42.2 x 32.7 cm)
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Lettered, lower left: "Sr Joshua Reynolds Pinxt"; lower center: "Publish'd According to Act of Parliament, Septr 11th 1771 | Elizabeth Countess of Pembroke, and the R,,t Hon,,ble George Lord Herbert. | Sold by J Dixon in Kepes Row opposite Ranalagh Walk Chelsea, Boydell in Cheapside, C Bowles in St Pauls Church Yard, S Hooper Ludgate Hill, & T Burford Bridge Street Westminster"; lower right: "J Dixon Sculpt"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | buttons | cloak | clouds | collar | columns | drapery | dress | gaze | gems | holding | jacket | mother | pearls | portrait | posing | ribbons | sitting | son
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Pembroke | Pembrokeshire | United Kingdom | Wales
- Associated People:
- Herbert, Elizabeth, Countess of Pembroke and Montgomery (1737–1831)
Herbert, George Augustus, 11th Earl of Pembroke and 8th Earl of Montgomery (1759–1827), politician/statesman, military/naval
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, Elizabeth, Countess of Pembroke, and the Rt. Honble. George, Lord Herbert, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.