Admiral Augustus Keppel, Viscount Keppel
- Additional Title(s):
The Honourable Augustus Keppel, Commanding His Majesty's Ship Torbay, Nov. 20, 1759
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 19 13/16 × 13 15/16 inches (50.3 × 35.4 cm), Image: 18 1/16 × 13 7/8 inches (45.9 × 35.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "33 | 32"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered, lower center: "The Hon,,ble Augustus Keppel (Coat of Arms with seashells) Commanding His Majesty's Ship Forbay, Nov,,r 20th. 1759. | J,, Reynolds Pinxit 1752. Sold by Edw,,d Fisher at Mr,,r Fryar's in Great Queen Street Pr. 5.s Edw,,d Fisher fecit 1769"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- admiral | beach | buttons | cliffs | clouds | coast | cravat | cuffs | curls | embroidery | hose | jacket | landscape | meteorology | military uniform | navy | ocean | portrait | ribbons | rocks (landforms) | sand | science | storm | stripes | sword | tassels | walking | waves (natural events)
- Associated People:
- Keppel, Augustus, Viscount Keppel (1725–1786), naval officer and politician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Admiral Augustus Keppel, Viscount Keppel, 1759
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.