William Robertson, D.D.
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 19 7/8 × 14 1/16 inches (50.5 × 35.7 cm), Image: 18 3/4 × 14 1/16 inches (47.7 × 35.7 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sr Joshua Reynolds"; lower center: "William Robertson, D.D.~ | Publish'd according to Act of Parliament Feby 1st 1773 & Sold by J Boydell Cheapside, S. Hopper Ludgate Hill, T Bradford Fleet STreet, J Burford Bridge St., Westminster, & J. Dixon Kempes Row, Facing Ranelagh Walk, Chelsea"; lower right: "Engraved by J Dixon"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | buttons | cape | chair | church | clergy | cloak | collar | drapery | gaze | ink | letters | man | old | papers | pen | portrait | posing | quills | religious | robe | sitting | solemn | thoughtful | wig
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Robertson, William (1721–1793), cleric/religious official, academic/intellectual
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Dixon, ca. 1740–1811, Irish, William Robertson, D.D, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.