IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, The Honorable George Seymour Conway, 1771
The Honorable George Seymour Conway
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 × 14 1/8 inches (50.8 × 35.8 cm), Image: 18 11/16 × 13 15/16 inches (47.5 × 35.4 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinx,,t"; lower center: "Publish'd the 17th of August 1771 and sold by E. Fisher at the Golden Head South side of Leicester Square | The Hon,,ble George Seymour Conway."; lower right: "E. Fisher Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | buttons | child | cloak | collar | curls | gaze | gloves | lace | mantle | portrait | posing | satin | solemn | tassels | vest
- Associated People:
- Conway, Lord George Seymour (1763 - 1848), politician, comissioner of excise
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.