- The Honorable George Seymour Conway
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 20 × 14 1/8 inches (50.8 × 35.8 cm) and Image: 18 11/16 × 13 15/16 inches (47.5 × 35.4 cm)
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
Lettered, lower left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds Pinx,,t"; lower center: "Publish'd the 17th of August 1771 and sold by E. Fisher at the Golden Head South side of Leicester Square | The Hon,,ble George Seymour Conway."; lower right: "E. Fisher Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | buttons | child | cloak | collar | curls | gaze | gloves | lace | mantle | portrait | posing | satin | solemn | tassels | vest
- Associated People:
- Conway, Lord George Seymour (1763 - 1848), politician, comissioner of excise
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, The Honorable George Seymour Conway, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.