Elizabeth, Countess of Northumberland
- Additional Title(s):
Elizabeth Countess of Northumberland, Baroness Percy, Lucy, Poynings, Fitzpain, Bryan, and Latimer
- between 1759 and 1776
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 21 1/16 × 15 1/16 inches (53.5 × 38.2 cm) and Image: 19 3/16 × 15 inches (48.8 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "8"; lower left: "54"
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
Lettered, lower left: "J,, Reynolds Pinx,,t"; lower center: "Elizabeth Countess of Northumberland, | Baroness Percy, Lucy, Poynings, Fitzpain, Bryan, and Latimer.~ | Printed for Edw.d Fisher at teh golden Head, Leicester Square, John Bowles in Cornhil, Carington Bowles in St. Pauls Church Yard, & Tho.s Jefferys at Charing Cross, London."; lower right: "E,, Fisher fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baroness | buttons | cape | choker | coronet (crown) | countess | courtier | diarist | earrings | jewelry | mantle | necklace | portrait | ribbons | robe | tassels | woman
- Associated People:
- Percy, Elizabeth [née Lady Elizabeth Seymour], duchess of Northumberland and suo jure Baroness Percy (1716–1776), courtier and diarist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Elizabeth, Countess of Northumberland, between 1759 and 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.