Elizabeth, Countess of Northumberland
- Additional Title(s):
Elizabeth Countess of Northumberland, Baroness Percy, Lucy, Poynings, Fitzpain, Bryan, and Latimer
- between 1759 and 1776
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 21 1/16 × 15 1/16 inches (53.5 × 38.2 cm) and Image: 19 3/16 × 15 inches (48.8 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper right: "8"; lower left: "54"
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
Lettered, lower left: "J,, Reynolds Pinx,,t"; lower center: "Elizabeth Countess of Northumberland, | Baroness Percy, Lucy, Poynings, Fitzpain, Bryan, and Latimer.~ | Printed for Edw.d Fisher at teh golden Head, Leicester Square, John Bowles in Cornhil, Carington Bowles in St. Pauls Church Yard, & Tho.s Jefferys at Charing Cross, London."; lower right: "E,, Fisher fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baroness | buttons | cape | choker | coronet (crown) | countess | courtier | diarist | earrings | fur coat | gaze | jewelry | mantle | necklace | portrait | posing | ribbons | robe | solemn | tassels | woman
- Associated People:
- Percy, Elizabeth [née Lady Elizabeth Seymour], duchess of Northumberland and suo jure Baroness Percy (1716–1776), courtier and diarist
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Fisher, 1722–1785, British, Elizabeth, Countess of Northumberland, between 1759 and 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.