The Right Honorable Elizabeth Lady Melbourne
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 19 13/16 × 13 15/16 inches (50.3 × 35.4 cm) and 17 13/16 × 13 13/16 inches (45.3 × 35.1 cm)
Marked in blue ink, on back, center, collector's stamp: "Paul Mellon Collection"
Lettered, lower left: "J: Reynolds Esques pinx:t"; lower center: "THE RIGHT NON.BLE ELIZ.TH LADY MELBOURNE, | Humbly inscrib'd to the (coat of arms) Right Hon:ble Lord Melbourne. | Publish'd Aug:st 16:th, & Sold by J,, Finlayson, Orange Street Leicester Fields."; lower right: "J: Finlayson Sculp.t"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- curls | drapery | dress | fur coat | gaze | jewelry | lace | pearls | portrait | posing | robe | sash | solemn | woman
- Associated People:
- Lamb, Elizabeth, Viscountess Melbourne (ca. 1751-1818), political hostess and agricultural improver
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Finlayson, 1730–1776, British, The Right Honorable Elizabeth Lady Melbourne, 1771
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.