Mrs. Frances Ann Crewe as 'St. Genevieve'
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 18 7/8 × 20 1/4 inches (47.9 × 51.4 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered lower left: "Publish'd Octr.25th 1773 for S: Hooper Ludgate Hill, W:Shropshire N.158 & T:Watson No.142 New Bond Street"; lettered, lower center: "MRS. CREW."; lettered, lower right: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds. | Engrav'd by Thomas Watson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Frances Anne, Lady Crewe (bap. 1748, d. 1818), political hostess
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, Mrs. Frances Ann Crewe as 'St. Genevieve', 1773
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.