America. A Prophecy, Plate 3, "Preludium | The shadowy daughter...."
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Color-printed relief etching in blue ink, with watercolor and pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches (36.8 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 9 1/8 x 6 1/2 inches (23.2 x 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in blue ink upper center: "PRELUDIUM"; in blue ink upper right: "1"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- branches | cave | chains | leaf | men | nudes | religious and mythological subject | roots | serpent | shackles | snake | text | trees | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
William Blake - The Artist (Tate Britain, 2019-09-11 - 2020-02-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
The Critique of Reason : Romantic Art, 1760–1860 (Yale University Art Gallery, 2015-03-06 - 2015-07-26) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
William Blake, Libros profe´ticos, vol. 1, Atalanta, Vilau¨r, Spain, 2013, p. 200, PR4142 .S35 2013 [ORBIS]
William Blake : Visionary, The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, p. 118, pl. 74, NJ18.B57 A12 2020 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]