- Charles James Fox with Lady Sarah Bunbury and Lady Susan Strangways
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 24 11/16 × 16 3/4 inches (62.7 × 42.5 cm) and Image: 24 × 16 3/4 inches (61 × 42.5 cm)
Paul Mellon Collector's mark, verso
Lettered, lower left: "J.Reynolds pinx. | Lady Sarah Lenox, 4th Daughter of Charles 2nd Duke of Richmond Lenox and | Aubligny, aetatis suae 17. Since Married to Thomas Charles Bunbury of Suffolk."; lettered, lower center: "Lady Susan Sarah Louisa Strangways, Eldest Daughter of Stephen | Earl of Ilchester, atatis suae 19. | Publish'd by Jas. Watson No.16 Craven Buildings Drury Lane Jon Bowles Cornhill Carington Bowles St. Pauls Church Yard, & Robt Sayer Fleet Street London. Price 10/6."; lettered, lower right: "Jas. Watson fecit | Charles James Fox, 2nd Son of the Right Hoonble Henry Fox, aetatis suae 13. | Anno Domini 1762."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Fox-Strangways, Lady Susannah (1743–1827)
Fox, Charles James (1749–1806), politician
Lennox, Lady Sarah (1745–1826), noblewoman and society beauty
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Charles James Fox with Lady Sarah Bunbury and Lady Susan Strangways, 1762
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.