His Royal Highness Henry Frederick, Duke of Cumberland
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 26 1/8 × 15 1/2 inches (66.4 × 39.4 cm), Image: 24 1/2 × 15 3/8 inches (62.2 × 39.1 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered, lower left: "Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds | Painted by Sir Joshua Reynolds."; lettered lower center: "Published May20th 1774 for Wr. Shropshire, No.158 and T. Watson No. 142, New Bond Street. | His Royal Highness Henry Frederick, Duke of Cumberland, &c. | Published for W:Shropshire No.158, & T.Watson No.142 New Bond Street"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Thos. Watson. | Engrav'd by Tho. Watson."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Henry Frederick, Prince, duke of Cumberland and Strathearn (1745–1790)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Watson, 1743–1781, British, His Royal Highness Henry Frederick, Duke of Cumberland, 1774
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.