- Right Honourable Sir John Cust, 3rd Baronet, Speaker of the House of Commons
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 24 3/16 × 15 1/16 inches (61.4 × 38.3 cm) and Image: 22 7/8 × 15 inches (58.1 × 38.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "48"
Paul Mellon Collector's mark, verso
Lettered, lower center: "J.Boydell excudit 1769. | The Right Honorable Sir John Cust Bart | SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF COMMONS, | And One of His Majesty's most Honorable Privy Council. | Published Jan:1s.1769 by Jn Boydell Engraver in Cheapside London."; lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds pinxit."; lettered, lower right: J.Watson fecit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Cust, Sir John, third baronet (1718–1770), speaker of the House of Commons
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Right Honourable Sir John Cust, 3rd Baronet, Speaker of the House of Commons, 1769
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.