Rt. Hon. John Manners, Marquess of Granby, and a Servant
- Former Title(s):
Rt. Hon. John Manners, Marquis of Granby
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 23 3/4 × 17 7/8 inches (60.3 × 45.4 cm), Image: 21 11/16 × 17 7/8 inches (55.1 × 45.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "36"
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered, lower center: Sold by Ryland Bryer, & Co. at the Kings Arms, in Cornhill. | The Right Honble. John Manners, Marquis of Granby, | One of his MAJESTIES most Honourable PRIVY COUNCIL, COLONEL of his MAJESTIES Royal Regiment of Horse Guards, | Commander in Chief of his Majesties Forces, and Master General of the Ordinance &c.&c."; lettered, lower left: "J. Reynolds pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "J. Watson fecit"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boots | boy | coat | horse (animal) | landscape | man | military art | portrait | servant
- Associated People:
- Manners, John James Robert , 7th Duke of Rutland (1818 - 1906), Leader in Young England Movement, Postmaster General
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Watson, 1740–1790, British, Rt. Hon. John Manners, Marquess of Granby, and a Servant, undated