Fingal's Cave, Staffa - from XLVII 'Scott's Poetical Works'
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 × 6 7/8 inches (25.4 × 17.5 cm) and 8 1/4 × 6 inches (21 × 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.512"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Finagal's Cave Staffa. Proof on plain paper Scott's Poems 1833"
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "E. Goodall"; lower center: "Staffa | EDINBURGH; PUBLISHED 1833, BY ROBERT CADELL, | AND MOON, BOYS & GRAVES, LONDON."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basalt | cave | geology | island | landscape | ocean | rocks (landforms) | sea | water | waves (natural events)
- Associated Places:
- Argyll and Bute | Europe | Scotland | Staffa | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Fingal's Cave, Staffa - from XLVII 'Scott's Poetical Works', 1834