- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 10 7/8 inches (19.1 × 27.6 cm), Mount: 10 5/8 × 15 1/4 inches (27 × 38.7 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "64"; lower right: "2nd State"; inscribed on verso of mount in graphite, lower left: "Drawn & Etched | J.M.W.Turner - H Dawe engraver | Bonneville Jan 1 1819 | Liber Studiorum"; lower right: "Excellent impression | ? 2nd State | [...] April 40"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Arve | Bonneville | France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Bonneville, Savoy, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.