- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 7 1/2 × 10 7/8 inches (19.1 × 27.6 cm) and Mount: 10 5/8 × 15 1/4 inches (27 × 38.7 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "64"; lower right: "2nd State"; inscribed on verso of mount in graphite, lower left: "Drawn & Etched | J.M.W.Turner - H Dawe engraver | Bonneville Jan 1 1819 | Liber Studiorum"; lower right: "Excellent impression | ? 2nd State | [...] April 40"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Alps | Arve | Bonneville | France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Bonneville, Savoy, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.