- The Book of Thel, Plate 8, "IV. / The eternal gates . . . ."
- Relief etching printed in brown with pen and ink and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 x 9 inches (28.9 x 22.9 cm), Plate: 5 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches (14 x 11.4 cm), and Spine: 11 1/2 inches (29.2 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- children | dragon | girl | harness | literary theme | nudes | religious and mythological subject | riding | serpent | snake | text
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
William Blake, Libros profe´ticos, vol. 1, Atalanta, Vilau¨r, Spain, 2013, p. 80, PR4142 .S35 2013
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, The Book of Thel, Plate 8, "IV. / The eternal gates . . . .", 1789
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.