- Dumblain Abbey, Scotland
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Third state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 16 3/8 inches (27.3 × 41.6 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 × 10 1/2 inches (18.7 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "56"; lower right: "3rd State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Third state"; lower right: "(Z.W. Aug 42)"
Collector's mark: "F. Hurlbutt | Collection"
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etch'd by I.M.W.Turner Esq. R.A. | Engrav'd by T.Lupton | DUMBLAIN ABBEY, SCOTLAND. | Publish'd Jany.1, 1816. by I.M.W.Turner, Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- Dunblane | Dunblane Cathedral | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Dumblain Abbey, Scotland, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.