Dumblain Abbey, Scotland
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Third state on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 16 3/8 inches (27.3 × 41.6 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 × 10 1/2 inches (18.7 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "56"; lower right: "3rd State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Third state"; lower right: "(Z.W. Aug 42)"
Collector's mark: "F. Hurlbutt | Collection"
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etch'd by I.M.W.Turner Esq. R.A. | Engrav'd by T.Lupton | DUMBLAIN ABBEY, SCOTLAND. | Publish'd Jany.1, 1816. by I.M.W.Turner, Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- Dunblane | Dunblane Cathedral | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Dumblain Abbey, Scotland, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.