IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, From Spenser's Fairy Queen, 1811
From Spenser's Fairy Queen
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 16 7/8 inches (29.2 × 42.9 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), Image: 7 1/4 × 10 3/8 inches (18.4 × 26.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "36"; lower right: "3rd State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Third State"; lower right: "(ZW, Aug 1942)"
Collector's mark: "F. Hurlbutt | Coll."
Lettered above image: "H"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by I.M.W. Turner Esqr. R.A. | Engraved by T.Hodgetts | FROM SPENSER'S FAIRY QUEEN | Published June 1811, by I.M.W.Turner, Queen Ann Street West"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | literary theme
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.