London from Greenwich
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 × 16 3/4 inches (27.9 × 42.5 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 × 10 1/2 inches (17.8 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "26"; lower right: "4th State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "[...] Fourth State (with dot in the o) London"; lower right: "ZW. July 43"
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner R.A. P.P. | | Engraved by C.Turner | 3.ft by 4.ft | LONDON, from GREENWICH | Picture in the possession of Walter Fawkes Esqr. of Farnley. | Published Jany. 1 1811 by Mr. Turner Queen Ann Street West"; lower left: "3ft by 4ft | H"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural | cityscape | deer | river | view
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, London from Greenwich, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.