London from Greenwich
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 11 × 16 3/4 inches (27.9 × 42.5 cm), 8 1/4 × 11 1/2 inches (21 × 29.2 cm), and 7 × 10 1/2 inches (17.8 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "26"; lower right: "4th State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "[...] Fourth State (with dot in the o) London"; lower right: "ZW. July 43"
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner R.A. P.P. | | Engraved by C.Turner | 3.ft by 4.ft | LONDON, from GREENWICH | Picture in the possession of Walter Fawkes Esqr. of Farnley. | Published Jany. 1 1811 by Mr. Turner Queen Ann Street West"; lower left: "3ft by 4ft | H"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural | cityscape | deer | river | view
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, London from Greenwich, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.