Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 2, Title Page, 1794
Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 2, Title Page
- Color-printed relief etching in dark brown with pen and black ink, oil and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper inlaid to size
- 14 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (37.5 x 26.7 cm), 9 3/8 x 6 3/4 inches (23.8 x 17.1 cm), and 15 3/8 inches (39.1 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite center: "2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- leaf | plants | religious and mythological subject | serpent | snake | text
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest: