- Former Title(s):
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 8 × 11 1/8 inches (20.3 × 28.3 cm), 7 × 10 1/4 inches (17.8 × 26 cm), and 10 3/4 × 15 1/8 inches (27.3 × 38.4 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "21"; lower right: "3rd State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Third State"; lower right: "Westtowne Sep 94"
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner Esqr. R.A.P.P. | Engraved by Chas.Turner | MORPETH NORTHD. | London, Published March 29, 1809, by C.Turner, No.50, Warren Street, Fitzroy Square"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | city | donkey | downtowns | people
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Morpeth, Northumberland, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.