- Former Title(s):
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 8 × 11 1/8 inches (20.3 × 28.3 cm), Image: 7 × 10 1/4 inches (17.8 × 26 cm), and Mount: 10 3/4 × 15 1/8 inches (27.3 × 38.4 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "21"; lower right: "3rd State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "Third State"; lower right: "Westtowne Sep 94"
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner Esqr. R.A.P.P. | Engraved by Chas.Turner | MORPETH NORTHD. | London, Published March 29, 1809, by C.Turner, No.50, Warren Street, Fitzroy Square"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | city | donkey | downtowns | people
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Morpeth, Northumberland, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.