- The Straw Yard
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 × 13 inches (24.8 × 33 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.6 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 1/4 × 10 inches (18.4 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "7"; lower right: "F 7 III"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "R7 | 152"
Lettered above image, upper center: "P"; below image: "Drawn & Etchd. by J.M.W.Turner Esqr. R.A.P.P. | Engraved by Chas. Turnre. | London, Published Feby. 20.1808. by C. Turner. No. 50, Warren Street, Fitzroy Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country (rural landscape) | farm | farmer | fence | genre subject | hay | horses (animals) | ladder | landscape | plow (agricultural equipment) | pond
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Straw Yard, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.