The Straw Yard
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 × 13 inches (24.8 × 33 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.6 × 28.9 cm), and Image: 7 1/4 × 10 inches (18.4 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "7"; lower right: "F 7 III"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "R7 | 152"
Lettered above image, upper center: "P"; below image: "Drawn & Etchd. by J.M.W.Turner Esqr. R.A.P.P. | Engraved by Chas. Turnre. | London, Published Feby. 20.1808. by C. Turner. No. 50, Warren Street, Fitzroy Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country (rural landscape) | farm | farmer | fence | genre subject | hay | horses (animals) | ladder | landscape | plow (agricultural equipment) | pond
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Straw Yard, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.