IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, The Straw Yard, 1808
The Straw Yard
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 × 13 inches (24.8 × 33 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.6 × 28.9 cm), Image: 7 1/4 × 10 inches (18.4 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "7"; lower right: "F 7 III"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "R7 | 152"
Lettered above image, upper center: "P"; below image: "Drawn & Etchd. by J.M.W.Turner Esqr. R.A.P.P. | Engraved by Chas. Turnre. | London, Published Feby. 20.1808. by C. Turner. No. 50, Warren Street, Fitzroy Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | country (rural landscape) | farm | farmer | fence | genre subject | hay | horses (animals) | ladder | landscape | plow (agricultural equipment) | pond
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.