- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 16 1/8 inches (27.3 × 41 cm), Plate: 8 1/4 × 11 1/4 inches (21 × 28.6 cm), Image: 7 1/4 × 10 1/4 inches (18.4 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "5"; lower right: "2nd State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "First Published Jan 20 1807"; lower right: "Second state | (J.W. Aug/42)
Collector's mark: "F. Hurlbutt | Collection"
Lettered above image: "A"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner R.A. | Engraved by C.Turner | BASLE | Published as the Act directs by J.M.W.Turner, Harley Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural | bell tower | bridge (built work) | cathedral | cityscape | houses | river
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Basle, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.