Flint Castle, Vessels Unloading
- Additional Title(s):
A Scene on the French Coast
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.6 × 28.9 cm), Image: 7 1/4 × 10 1/8 inches (18.4 × 25.7 cm), Mount: 11 1/4 × 16 1/4 inches (28.6 × 41.3 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "4"; lower right: "3rd State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left to lower right: "First Published Jan 20 1807 | 'Flint Castle Vessels unloading; | really, 'scene on French Coast' | 3rd state | (a print retouched in Turner's stock)
Turner sale mark: J. M. W. Turner (Lugt 1498)
Lettered above image: "M"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner, R.A. | Engraved by C.Turner | Published as the Act directs by J.M.W.Turner Harley Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | clouds | coast | merchandise, lists of | people | sailboats | sea | sunshine
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Flint Castle, Vessels Unloading, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.