- Flint Castle, Vessels Unloading
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 11 3/8 inches (20.6 × 28.9 cm), Image: 7 1/4 × 10 1/8 inches (18.4 × 25.7 cm), and Mount: 11 1/4 × 16 1/4 inches (28.6 × 41.3 cm)
Inscribed on mount in graphite, lower left: "4"; lower right: "3rd State"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left to lower right: "First Published Jan 20 1807 | 'Flint Castle Vessels unloading; | really, 'scene on French Coast' | 3rd state | (a print retouched in Turner's stock)
Blind embossed: JMW Turner Sale (Lugt 1498)
Lettered above image: "M"; below image: "Drawn & Etched by J.M.W.Turner, R.A. | Engraved by C.Turner | Published as the Act directs by J.M.W.Turner Harley Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beach | clouds | coast | merchandise, lists of | people | sailboats | sea | sunshine
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Joseph Mallord William Turner, 1775–1851, British, Flint Castle, Vessels Unloading, 1807
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.