Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 4, "Unwilling I look up . . . . " (Bentley 5)
- Materials & Techniques:
- Color-printed relief etching in dark brown ink, with oil, watercolor, and pen and black ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper inlaid to size
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (37.5 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 x 6 3/4 inches (24.1 x 17.1 cm), Spine: 15 3/8 inches (39.1 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink upper right: "2"; inscribed on back in graphite center: "4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bald | clouds | men | night | nudes | religious and mythological subject | text
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 4, "Unwilling I look up . . . . " (Bentley 5), 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.