Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 5, "A | Prophecy | The deep of winter came . . . . " (Bentley 6)
- Color-printed relief etching in dark brown with pen and black ink, oil and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper inlaid to size
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (37.5 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches (24.1 x 16.5 cm), and Spine: 15 3/8 inches (39.1 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink upper right: "3"; inscribed on back in graphite center: "5"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | men | nudes | religious and mythological subject | text | vines | wings | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Blake, 1757–1827, British, Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 5, "A | Prophecy | The deep of winter came . . . . " (Bentley 6), 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.