- Etching and drypoint prints on moderately thick, textured, blue laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/16 x 12 1/4 inches (25.9 x 31.1 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 9 15/16 inches (20.1 x 25.2 cm), and Image: 7 15/16 x 9 15/16 inches (20.1 x 25.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "W H A Mummery [...]"; on back, lower right: "Calais"
Lettered, lower right inside image: "AJFinberg . F"
Signed in graphite, lower right below image: "A. J. Finberg"; dated on back, lower center, "Drawn in 1924"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | carriages | chimneys | cityscape | food | lampposts | markets | men | parapets | restaurants | shopping | shops | smoke | stores | street | walking | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Calais | Europe | France | Nord-Pas-de-Calais | Pas-de-Calais
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
A. J. Finberg, 1866–1939, British, Calais, 1924
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.