IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Seymour Haden, 1818–1910, British, Cowdray, 1882
- Additional Title(s):
Cowdray Castle, with Geese
- Etching and drypoint on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/16 x 12 3/16 inches (23.3 x 31 cm), Plate: 9 3/16 x 12 3/16 inches (23.3 x 31 cm), Image: 5 15/16 x 9 3/16 inches (15.1 x 23.3 cm)
Lettered lower left within image: "Cowdray 1882"; lettered lower center below image: "COWDRAY. | DRAWN AND ETCHED BY F. SEYMOUR HADEN."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | architectural subject | banks | birds | buildings | castle | cattle | cows | ducks | farm | field | geese | houses | landscape | mansion | pasture | river | stream | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cowdray House | England | Europe | Midhurst | United Kingdom | West Sussex
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.