Print made by Axel Herman Haig, 1835–1921, British, An Old Hanse Town, undated
An Old Hanse Town
- Drypoint and etching on thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 12 7/16 x 9 1/16 inches (31.6 x 23 cm) and Image: 10 1/8 x 6 7/8 inches (25.7 x 17.5 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "AN OLD HANSE-TOWN. | DRAWN AND ETCHED BY A. H. HAIG."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch bridge | balustrades | baskets | boats | bridge (built work) | buckets | buildings | church | cityscape | docks | genre subject | gesture | Hanseatic | men | river | sailboats | sails | steeple | women
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.