Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 9 1/4 × 11 11/16 inches (23.5 × 29.7 cm) and 6 1/4 × 9 5/8 inches (15.9 × 24.5 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Drawn by T. Girtin."; lower center: "BOLTON ABBEY YORKSHIRE. | Published Jan.y 2. 1809 , by Tho.s Palser Surry Side, Westminster Bridge"; lower right under image: "Etched by Leticia Byrne"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | arch | arches | architectural subject | clouds | country (rural landscape) | cows | grazing | hill | lambs | landscape | pastoral | pasture | river | ruins | sheep | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bolton Abbey | England | North Yorkshire | United Kingdom | Wharfe
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Letitia Byrne, 1779–1849, British, Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.