Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 9 1/4 x 11 11/16 inches (23.5 x 29.7 cm) and Image: 6 1/4 x 9 5/8 inches (15.9 x 24.5 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Drawn by T. Girtin."; lower center: "BOLTON ABBEY YORKSHIRE. | Published Jan.y 2. 1809 , by Tho.s Palser Surry Side, Westminster Bridge"; lower right under image: "Etched by Leticia Byrne"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | arch | arches | clouds | cows | hill | landscape | pastoral | pasture | river | ruins | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bolton Abbey | England | North Yorkshire | United Kingdom | Wharfe
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Letitia Byrne, 1779–1849, British, Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire, 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.