Europe. A Prophecy, Plate 12, "Albions Angel rose . . . . " (Bentley 14)
- Color-printed relief etching in dark brown with pen and black ink, oil and watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 3/4 x 10 1/2 inches (37.5 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 9 1/4 x 6 5/8 inches (23.5 x 16.8 cm), and Spine: 15 3/8 inches (39.1 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink upper right: "10"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- angels | book | clouds | men | religious and mythological subject | sceptres | text | throne | wings | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
William L. Pressly, James Barry's murals at the Royal Society of Arts : envisioning a new public art, Cork University Press, Cork, Ireland, 2014, pp. 286-89, fig. 56, NJ18.B2425 P725 2014 OVERSIZE (YCBA)