IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Exshaw, c. 1730–1771, British, Charles van Loo, ca. 1757
Charles van Loo
- Additional Title(s):
Carlo Vanloo, Le Fils
- ca. 1757
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 3/4 x 11 1/8 inches (35 x 28.3 cm), Plate: 13 x 9 3/4 inches (33 x 24.8 cm), Image: 11 9/16 x 9 3/4 inches (29.3 x 24.8 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Designed by Carlo Vanloo, done in Metzotinto by his Pupil Charles Exshaw | Carlo Vanloo le Fils"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boy | child | curls | portrait | smiling
- Associated People:
- van Loo, Charles (18th century)
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.