- Additional Title(s):
- Line engraving and etching on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 13 7/16 x 8 7/8 inches (34.1 x 22.6 cm) and Image: 12 11/16 x 8 3/4 inches (32.2 x 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "P.5847 (crossed out) | P.585 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "P. Violet Pinxt."; lower center: "Franciscus Bartolozzi in Florentiâ natus 25 7 ("~" above 7) bre 1728."; lower right: "I. Bouilliard Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | books | children | cloth | clouds | coat | cravat | dress | men | nude | oval | plinth | portrait | profile (figure) | putti | shield (armor) | stripes | togas | waistcoat | wings (costume accessories) | women | wreaths
- Associated People:
- Bartolozzi, Francesco (1728–1815), engraver
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jacques Bouillard, 1744–1806, French, Franciscus Bartolozzi, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.