IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), The Willow, 1850
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/16 x 6 5/16 inches (23.3 x 16.1 cm), Plate: 4 5/8 x 3 1/4 inches (11.8 x 8.2 cm), Image: 3 9/16 x 2 5/8 inches (9 x 6.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "'The Willow". | Original etching by S Palmer"
Lettered lower left within image: "S. PALMER 1850" ("5" reversed)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bank | cattle | clouds | cows | day | goose | landscape | oxen | river | swan | tower (building division) | tree | willow
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.