- The Willow
- Etching and drypoint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/16 x 6 5/16 inches (23.3 x 16.1 cm), Plate: 4 5/8 x 3 1/4 inches (11.8 x 8.2 cm), and Image: 3 9/16 x 2 5/8 inches (9 x 6.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "'The Willow". | Original etching by S Palmer"
Lettered lower left within image: "S. PALMER 1850" ("5" reversed)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bank | cattle | clouds | cows | day | goose | landscape | oxen | river | swan | tower (building division) | tree | willow
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Samuel Palmer, 1805–1881, British, active in Italy (1837–39), The Willow, 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.